Skip to content
- Ojeda, Christopher, Anne Whitesell, Michael Berkman, and Eric Plutzer. 2019. “Federalism and the Racialization of Welfare Policy.” State Politics & Policy Quarterly. 19(4): 474-501.
- Plutzer, Eric, Michael Berkman, James Honaker, Christopher Ojeda, and Anne Whitesell. 2019. “Measuring Complex State Policies: Pitfalls and Considerations, with an Application to Race and Welfare Policy.” Policy Studies Journal. 47(3): 712-734.
- Whitesell, Anne. 2019. “Who Represents the Needs of Domestic Violence Survivors in State Welfare Policy?” Politics & Gender. 15(3): 514-546.
- Whitesell, Anne. 2018. “Interest Groups and Social Media in the Age of the Twitter President.” Politics, Groups, and Identities 7(1): 219-230.
- Whitesell, Anne, Eleanor Schiff, and David Lowery. 2018. “Agency issues with small lobby firms: a test of competing hypotheses.” Interest Groups & Advocacy 7(1): 82-103.
- Banaszak, Lee Ann, and Anne Whitesell. 2017. “Inside the State: Activism within Legislative and Governmental Agency Forums.” In The Oxford Handbook of U.S. Women’s Social Movement Activism. Eds. Holly McCammon, Verta Taylor, Jo Reger, and Rachel L. Einwohner. Oxford University Press.
- Schiff, Eleanor L., Kim Seufer, Anne Whitesell, and David Lowery. 2015. “Agency Problems and Interest Representation: An Empirical Analysis of the Costs of Lobbying.” Interest Groups & Advocacy 4(3): 225-248.
- Brown, Heath, and Anne Whitesell. 2014. “21st-Century Influence and the Presidency: Social Media, Campaigns, and Transitions.” In Dirty Deals? An Encyclopedia of Lobbying, Political Influence, and Corruption. Ed. Amy Handlin. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO.
Work in Progress
- “The Effects of Pregnancy on Abortion Attitudes.” With Eleanor Schiff.
- “Breaking Down the Block Grant: The Influence of Politics and Demographics on State TANF Spending.”
- “State Welfare Policy and Immigrant Populations: A Test of Competing Explanations.” With Michael Berkman.